The Ballarat Foundation invites all charitable organisations working in early childhood across our region to express their interest in becoming a charity partner of our 2019 ‘Run For A Cause’ community fun run, and family day.
In our inaugural event last year we had almost 2000 participants and raised over $30,000 for organisations working to to address food insecurity within our region.
We have now secured our date on Sunday November 17th 2019, and are now very excited to take the event to the next level, to help organisations who are supporting young children to start school ready to prosper.
With a fast flat course designed by local runners, it will offer people of all abilities a scenic and challenging day out. With distances ranging from 1km to 21kms, and high levels of on course entertainment, there will be something for everyone.
As an official charity partner of Run For A Cause, charities will receive a number of benefits including:
- Receiving donations through the registration process as participants will be required to select one of our charity partners when registering,
- Raising awareness of your organization and the work you do to help young children through our comprehensive marketing and community engagement.
- Be the beneficiaries of targeted fundraising activities by the event participants and businesses who will be incentivized to do.
In return, we ask that our charity partners commit to:
- Promotion of Run For A Cause through their networks including email, newsletters and social media.
- Provide permission to profile your charity in the event promotion, and work with our media partners to build the profile of your organization as well as the event.
- Assist with the recruitment of volunteers to help run the event on the day.
- Provide at least 3 tangible examples of the work they are doing in regards school readiness and permission to share these examples.
- Activate a site at the event village (site cost free of charge), to promote your charity and the work you do.
Should you wish to express your interest in becoming a charity partner please complete the online form available from here by no later than Friday 23rd August. Should you require any further details please contact our office on 03 5331 5555 for assistance.