The Ballarat Foundation ‘Run for a Cause 2019’ will be the largest mass participation community fun run/walking event in the area with all proceeds going directly to local charities. Heading into its second year Run for a Cause 2019 will be hosting Ballarat’s first half marathon in almost a decade.
Proudly filling the void left by Run Ballarat, ‘Run for a Cause’ brings together schools, businesses and community groups to raise funds and awareness for a particular cause each year, this year’s cause being Early Childhood and helping children start school ready to learn. With a fast, flat course designed by local runners, it will offer people of all abilities a scenic and challenging day out. With distances ranging from 1km to 21kms, and high levels of on course entertainment there will be something for everyone.
- Event Date: Sunday November 17, 2019.
- Events: Half Marathon (21km), 10km, 5km, 1km.
- 2019 Event Cause: Early Childhood
- Estimated participants: Over 4,000
- Attendance Exposure: Over 10,000
- 2019 Fundraising Goal: $90,000
- Volunteers: Over 200
- Charity Partners: 7 (Ballarat Reads, Eureka Mums, Uniting Ballarat, Ballarat Community Health, Playgroup Victoria, Eureka Community Kindergarten Association, Ballarat Toy Library).