The Ballarat Foundation ‘Run for a Cause’ will be the largest mass participation community fun run/walking event in the area with all proceeds going directly to local charities.
Proudly filling the void left by Run Ballarat, ‘Run for a Cause’ will bring together schools, businesses and community groups to raise funds and awareness for a particular cause each year. With a fast, flat course designed by local runners, it will offer people of all abilities a scenic and challenging day out. With distances ranging from 1km to 10kms, and high levels of on course entertainment there will be something for everyone.
- Event Date: Sunday November 18, 2018.
- Events: 10km, 5km, 1km.
- 2018 Event Cause: Food insecurity in Ballarat region.
- Estimated participants: Over 4,000
- Attendance Exposure: Over 10,000
- 2018 Fundraising Goal: $90,000
- Volunteers: Over 200
- Charity Partners: 6 (Uniting Ballarat, Ballarat Community Health, Food is Free Inc. Anglicare Victoria, Ballarat Community Centre, Salvation Army Ballarat.