The Ballarat Foundation ‘Run for a Cause’ will be the largest mass participation community fun run/walking event in the area with all proceeds going directly to local charities.
Proudly filling the void left by Run Ballarat, ‘Run for a Cause’ will bring together schools, businesses and community groups to raise funds and awareness for a particular cause each year. With a fast, flat course designed by local runners, it will offer people of all abilities a scenic and challenging day out. With distances ranging from 1km to 10kms, and high levels of on course entertainment there will be something for everyone.
This years event is generously supported by local media partners including Pepper, Prime7, The Courier, 3BA, Power FM, and Regent Cinemas.
- Event Date: Sunday November 18, 2018.
- Events: 10km, 5km, 1km.
- 2018 Event Cause: Food insecurity in Ballarat region.
- Estimated participants: Over 4,000
- Attendance Exposure: Over 10,000
- 2018 Fundraising Goal: $90,000
- Volunteers: Over 200
- Charity Partners: 6 (Uniting Ballarat, Ballarat Community Health, Food is Free Inc. Anglicare Victoria, Ballarat Community Centre, Salvation Army Ballarat.